T.U’s Bachelor of Computer Application Program(BCA) falls within the humanities and social science faculty. BCA course in Nepal was launched by Tribhuvan University in the year 2018 A.D. Over 100 colleges run the BCA course with the affiliation of Tribhuvan University. Likewise, it is a 4-year course (8 semesters) of about 120 credit hours.
Eligibility for BCA course in Nepal:
To enroll in BCA, students should have scored a minimum D+ in each subject of classes 11 and 12. Also, students must secure 35 marks out of 100 in the entrance exam to get admission. This course is designed to cater to students with no prior knowledge of computer science. It offers them an opportunity to improve their IT careers. In fact, Students from any faculty can apply for this course.
However, Mathematics and Statistics are 9 credit hours hence, a student with the basic concept of Mathematics is a plus point.
BCA course in Nepal Fee Structure:
The fee structure of this course in Government college is about Rs.350,000 – Rs.400,000.Likewise, In a private college, it can go around Rs.400,000-Rs.800,000.
In addition, Having a Laptop for studying BCA is mandatory.
Scope of BCA course:
The growing demand for manpower in the IT industry is increasing rapidly as a result the demand for BCA graduates is increasing. Hence, BCA is one of the best courses. Through this course, students can gain technical as well as problem-solving skills. After completing BCA, students can pursue faculty such as a Master’s in Computer Application, and Master of Business Administration (MBA) both within Nepal or abroad. However, The salary of graduates depends upon their skills and experience. Moreover, students can specialize in various IT fields.
BCA graduates are eligible for jobs such as:
- Graphic Designer
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- IT consultant
- System Manager
- Project Manager
- Database Administrator
- Full Stack Developer
- Mobile App Developer
- Computer Operator
- UI / UX Designer
- Web Administrator
- Network Specialist
- Computer and Information System Manager
Therefore, choosing this course can lead to promising opportunities. In fact, this program has received industry recognition.
BCA course Syllabus:
Likewise, this course is divided into phases like core courses, electives, internships, projects, etc. Consequently, After this course, students will be ready for their IT careers. In addition, Besides the course and subjects, this course provides advanced coding workshops. For e.g: the CISCO workshop. So, the studies include the following subjects:
1st Semester :
So, the subjects in the 1st Semester are:
- Computer Fundamentals and Applications (4 credit hours)
- Society and Technology (3 credit hours)
- English I (3 credit hours)
- Digital Logic (3 credit hours)
- Mathematics I (3 credit hours)
This semester, the curriculum includes subjects to enhance communication skills and develop knowledge of the digital system. Furthermore, “Mathematics I” provides a strong foundation for technical studies
2nd Semester :
So, the subjects in the 2nd semester are:
- C Programming (4 credit hours)
- Financial Accounting (3 credit hours)
- English II (3 credit hours)
- Microprocessor and Computer Architecture ( 3 credit hours)
- Mathematics II (3 credit hours)
Similarly, this semester presents a comprehensive educational voyage. The course “C Programming” aids students in grasping fundamental programming principles. “Financial Accounting” enhances comprehension of financial concepts, while “Mathematics II” delves into advanced mathematical applications. The subject “Microprocessor” also helps students understand how the processor works.
3rd Semester :
So, the subjects in the 3rd semester are:
- Data Structure and Algorithm (3 credit hours)
- OOP in Java ( 3 credit hours)
- Probability and Statistics ( 3 credit hours)
- Web Technology (3 credit hours)
- System Analysis and Design (3 credit hours)
Similarly, this semester’s courses cover various useful topics. “Data Structure” develops foundational concepts. In “OOP in Java”, students can explore object-oriented programming. “Probability and Statistics” provide mathematical principles. Finally, “System Analysis and Design” develops skills for designing efficient systems.
So, the subjects in the 4th semester are:
- Operating System (3 credit hours)
- Numerical Methods (3 credit hours)
- Software Engineering ( 3 credit hours)
- Scripting Language (3 credit hours)
- Database Management System (3 credit hours)
- Project I (2 credit hours)
This semester provides diverse subjects. Additionally, the Project is involved in this ensuring practical implementation.
So, the subjects in the 5th semester are:
- MIS and E-Business (3 credit hours)
- Introduction to Management (3 credit hours)
- DotNet Technology (3 credit hours)
- Computer Networking (3 credit hours)
- Computer Graphics and Animation (3 credit hours)
So, the subjects in the 6th semester are:
- Distributed System (3 credit hours)
- Mobile Programming (3 credit hours)
- Applied Economics (3 credit hours)
- Advanced Java Programming ( 3 credit hours)
- Network Programming (3 credit hours)
- Project II ( 2 credit hours)
So, the subjects in the 7th semester are:
- Cyber Law and Professional Ethics (3 credit hours)
- Cloud Computing (3 credit hours)
- Internship (3 credit hours)
- Elective I (3 credit hours)
- Elective II (3 credit hours)
Likewise, The List of Electives for 7th Semester are:
- Image Processing
- Network Administration
- Database Administration
So, the subjects in the 8th semester are:
- Operation Research (3 credit hours)
- Project III (6 credit hours)
- Elective III (3 credit hours)
- Elective IV (3 credit hours)
Likewise, The List of electives for the 8th Semester:
- Database Programming
- Machine Learning
- Geographical Information System
- Data Analysis and Visualization
To sum up, This program is an excellent choice for students who are interested in computer science. In addition, students can develop strong analytical abilities as well. Similarly, This course enhances the problem-solving skills of students.
As already mentioned above, a laptop is almost mandatory for BCA students. So, here is a list of Best Laptop under 1 lakh.
Also, If you are willing to study BCA here are the top colleges in Nepal that offer this course.
For IT enthusiasts, here are the top 10 emerging technologies shaping the next decade.
Additionally, if you want to visit places near Lalitpur, here are the top attractions of Lalitpur.